Dubai will begin administering a third dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems, the Health Authority said.
The individual must be above the age of 12 and fit one of the following criteria to be eligible:
- Individuals with moderately to severely compromised immune systems
- Individuals with an active tumor and hematologic malignancy or recently received treatment for the same
- Recipients of a solid organ transplant or who have undergone hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
The third shot is also available to:
- People who suffer from a severe case of primary immunodeficiency
- Patients with advanced or untreated HIV
- Patients undergoing active treatment with agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory
The authority added that in some cases, patients suffering from immune-related diseases might not need a third dose. Patients need to first consult with physicians in a government or private hospital in Dubai in order to get their case assessed.
If a third dose must be administered, their physicians will book the appointment for them in the same hospital.