- Be careful what you share and post online. Remember, don’t post, or share anything that you wouldn’t want shared publicly, even if you think you’re just sending it to one person.
- Don’t freely give out personal information online any more than you would to a stranger on the street. Keep personal information (such as your hometown, birth date with year and phone number) off social networks.
- Don’t send any sensitive information when connecting over public Wi-Fi (ex: Don’t do banking or shop online)
- Use private browsing mode on your Internet browser or at least turn off your browser cookies.
- Never reply to spam or unknown messages, whether by email, text, IM, or social networking posts from people you don’t know—especially if it’s for an offer that sounds too good to be true.
- Only friend or connect with people online you know in real life.
- Be aware of location services with your smartphone or tablet. Turn off the GPS and Camera on your mobile device and only allow while using the app.
- Routinely update your social media privacy settings to ensure your profile is appropriately protected and make sure to protect your accounts with Multi Factor Authentication.
- Make sure all your devices are protected with comprehensive security, that provides not only antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-phishing, anti-spam, and a firewall, but also protects your data and identity on your PCs, Macs, smartphones, and tablets.
Source: Mignet- Best IT Supoort Company in Dubai
For more information about the best end-point security call the Security Experts at +971 4 403 0601 or drop an email to [email protected]